Things are looking ‘good’ on the weather front for Sunday (but it’s all relative I guess) and the Race Committee have done an excellent job of getting everything ready (good work!). Race details below:
- Race – St Catherine’s Duathlon
- Date – Sun 16 Feb
- Sign on – 7/715am
- Start 745am PROMPT!
- Distances – approx. 5k/22k/3k
- Whilst it is a “Seniors Race”, Junior members who are 15 or older on 31 Dec 2014 can race. Parental consent will need to be given (via a signed declaration) on the day.
- The Café is apparently opening early to allow for spectators etc. Bring a friend.
- Entry – free for members. £10 for non-members (the amnesty is over and race fees apply to all with no exceptions, if you’re not a member – get signed up via Entry Central now!)
Looks like the turnout will be good. I am looking forward to finding out the answers to the following questions that are playing on my mind…
- Will diesel engine Minky be all freshly waxed up and shiny?
- Will Damien be chatting away during the whole race, or just the first run leg?
- Will Mark “the Machine” Nicol be able to physically defend himself on the bike if Nathan overtakes?
- Will Jonny Flanagan be using his laptop during the race?
- Will Tim Rogers wear his helmet again during the run to save time in transition? (Marginal gains Tim, I say it every time…)
- Will Lyndon recover from a very serious bout of man flu (it hits us men very hard) to challenge for a podium spot?
- Will the golden couple of Triathlon (Simon R and Della R) cross the line holding hands?
- Will anyone catch Jo “Go Go” Gorrod?
- Will anyone catch Ollie “Turbo” Turner?!